Villa Kirana Ubud Bali Valley View Villas - Ubud - Price range: >=US$ 1000
Villa Kirana is an arguably one of the most beautiful, fully-appointed five bedroom private rental villas in Bali. It overlooks the Ayung river gorge with breathtaking views of Bali's major volcano range and distant rice field terraces.
As quoted by the architect Made Wijaya, "The design was inspired by Arne Hasselquist's "David Bowie House" in Mustique, on which I had worked with Linda Garland. It is a water garden with pavilions on a view. I added elements of the Malay house, the Balinese Bal and the Baronial guesthouses of the hill stations in Dutch colonial times. The house is very open, very transparent - the garden and scenic views are a treat as one moves around the detached palace.
The villa owners were very supportive of the idea of different atmospheres in each of the bedrooms, interspersed with tranquil and airy public areas. Morocco Berber rugs and lamps were imported to add color, and soften the predominantly stone and timber architecture.
Local sculptor Pintor Sirait worked on the suspended staircase and porte-cochere and Ubud-born artist Wayan Cemul carved all the bases of the stilt houses near the swimming pool. The compound houses an interesting collection of Indonesian ethnic art - both built in, as doors and windows, or as artwork accents from Sumba, Nias, Kalimantan and North Sumatra, and a wide range of quality ikat textiles used in the soft furnishings.
Villa Kirana is located on the famous Sayan Ridge, Ubud, 500 meters south of the Four Seasons Ubud Hotel and about 10 minute drive to down town Ubud, 1 hour drive form the international airport.
- Land area 4204 m2
- Building area 700 m2
- Private infinity style Pool 15 x 6 m
- 5 bedrooms in total: 3 double bedrooms, 1 twin bedroom convertible to a double bed, 1 study bedroom with antique Chinese bed
- 4 en-suite bathrooms with showers all imported fixtures and one pool & study bathroom
- Open plan living area can be closed off with sliding glass doors and sliding wooden louvre doors for complete privacy
- One Entertainment Room with (29 Inch satellite connected TV, VCR, VCD/DVD Player, Stereo)
- Pool/billiard room with handmade antique Mahogany wood pool table
- Fully equipped Gym with own shower & toilet
- Games and small Library
- Tropical garden and ponds designed by famous landscape architect Made Wijaya
- Kitchen fully equipped with trained cook for Western and Indonesian cuisine
- Guest capacity 9 adults & 2 children
Services and Amenities
- Satellite TV, VCR, State of the Art Bose Stereo system in main living and dining room
- Each bedroom features Satellite TV, DVD/VCD/CD System
- Air-conditioned bedrooms with ceiling fan option
- Cook with in-house menu
- Baby sitter on request
- Room to Room Intercom
- Telephone land line
- 24 hour security by the private security staff
- Private house maids around the clock
- Safe deposit box in each bedroom
- Wireless broadband internet throughout the villa
Villa Kirana Ubud Bali - Villa Rates
Validity: until 31 March 2013
||Villa Rates (USD)
|4 Bedroom Villa
TERMS & CONDITIONS
All rates are quoted in USD with the following benefits:
- Airport pick-up services upon arrival
- Welcome refreshment and fruit basket upon arrival
- 1 x afternoon tea and coffee
- Daily breakfast for 2 persons per room
- Daily car & driver for consecutive 8 hours per day (exclude petrol)
- Wi-fi internet connection
All rates are subject to 15,5% government tax & service charge.
High & Peak Season Periods
High season period: July 1 - 31, September 1 - 15, Chinese New Year and Easter Week.
Peak season period: August 1 - 31 and December 20 - January 8.
Minimum stay: LOW season: 3 nights; HIGH season: 5 nights; PEAK season: 7 nights.